Hello everyone, We are absolutely devastated with what Houston has been hit with. No one I know who has lived in Texas all their lives ever saw the sight we are all left with today. Houses that never got flooded during Hurricane Ike or Katrina are now deep under water and the families being rescued via helicopters and boats.
I have several friends currently in Red Zone been ordered a mandatory evacuation and yesterday many were hit by a tornado. Can't even imagine what everyone is going through, and families on the news being rescued just kills you inside feeling so helpless and just praying hard for this all to go away.
I wanted to list out some of the amazing organizations where people can go and donate and help out families who will need food, shelter, dry clothes and just basic basic necessities.
1) BURDLIFE will be donating all of the proceeds collected since the day we launched our newest collection to the days/weeks ahead. We will also be personally going out and helping people in need. So please if anything pray and pray for the ones in need and spread the word. If you ever wanted to buy anything now is the time as we will be helping the families who need this the most.
2) An amazing organization in Houston who will be helping with renovating houses "American Red Cross"
4) UMCOR is currently working with disaster coordinators and early response teams to provide relief to the many victims of hurricane/tropical storm Harvey. DONATE (http://www.umcor.org)
5) Heart to Heart International Organization. http://www.hearttoheart.org
6) Save the Children Helping Children and Families in need.
7) Lets fill these homes back with warm food by donating at The Houston Food Bank. https://www.facebook.com/thehoustonfoodbank/?fref=mentions
If I find any other amazing organizations I will update it here.
More than anything lets pray and donate. No matter how much you donate and where you donate. Just help!!
Love you all